Let’s face it, pregnancy is without a doubt a beautifully magical time but requires you to be highly cautious. Essential oils are primarily safe for you to use during pregnancy provided that you’re in good and health and remain careful whilst using them. Essential oils are basically highly concentrated extracts from plants and are hence quite potent and require care. For starters, you need to make sure that you purchase high-quality essential oils and from a well-reputed seller. Aromatherapy makes extensive use of essential oils and this is a complementary therapy. The oils surely consist of chemicals which are eventually absorbed by your body.
The essential oils can be used with a base or some carrier oil for purposes of massage or to be placed in a vaporizer in order for you to breathe the oils in. In order to understand the effects of essential oils, consider them as drugs or medicines as they have a similar effect once they enter your body. The essential oil consists of highly small molecules which carry the possibility of crossing the placenta and reaching the baby’s circulation from there. As far as the exact results are concerned, studies have only been conducted on animals and have offered varying conclusions for their effects on the developing baby.
Avoid using essential oils if:
- You have had any history of miscarriage
- You experience epilepsy
- You experience heart issues
- You have vaginal bleeding in pregnancy
- You are diabetic or have blood clotting issues
- You have thyroid issues
- You have diseases related to liver or kidney
Apart from the associated risks, the essential oils have complete potential of helping you glorify your pregnancy even more provided you are cautious. Aromatherapy is known for easing a lot of pregnancy niggles. There are many side effects that can be rather unpleasant and essential oils help in creating positive solutions for you. Some of the most common issues that aromatherapy deals with include:
- Swollen ankles
In order for you to use the aromatherapy oils, it is suggested that you take the following precautions:
- Restrict your usage to only a single drop of essential oil at a time.
- Try avoiding using single type of oil for longer periods of time such as on daily basis or for several weeks.
- You should dilute the essential oil. This can be done by mixing it with a teaspoon of base oil in a bath. Almond oil and grape-seed oil make great base oils.
- Don’t leave your vaporizer on for more than ten minutes per hour. The smell is likely to become overpowering if you do so and will induce nausea.
- It is better for you to start the use of essential oils after crossing your first trimester.
- Avoid using the following oils:
- Juniper berry
Keep in mind that every individual is a unique case and it is best for you to consult your doctor before starting the use of essential oils or any other thing for that matter.
Latest posts by naturalpresswire (see all)
- “Lahela’s Spine Class:” A Therapeutic Workout, taking Pilates to a New Level - October 23, 2017
- I battled Scoliosis and won — can modifed Pilates help you, too? - August 16, 2017
- Priceless Gifts - August 14, 2017