Many individuals plagued with high blood pressure are either taking some medication such as beta blockers or angio- tension relievers with or without diuretics. Some individuals are dealing with this problem with a strict diet, exercise, and taking some natural supplements. None the less, what we have here is blood pressure control most of the time but sometimes we take our blood pressure and it spikes high and we ask ourselves why.
What we are not aware of that having intermittent or consistent high blood pressure not only affects our heart but other areas may be affected.
Just like your heart, your brain depends on the proper blood supply to work properly and survive. Having high blood pressure can result in the following problems:
- Transient Ischemic Attacks which is called a mini-stroke which is due to a disruption of blood supply to your brain. This is usually caused by a blood clot or just from atherosclerosis.
- Stroke- this can occur when your brain is deprived of oxygen and nutrients causing the brain cells to die resulting in permanent damage.
- Dementia- when there is a narrowing of the veins and arteries which is usually the cause of high blood pressure, this can result in speaking problems, poor reasoning, memory and poor vision.
- Kidney damage- high blood pressure can injure the blood vessels in and out leading to your kidneys, causing nephropathy.
- Heart failure can result due to high blood pressure which weakens the heart muscle. Eventually, your heart muscle begins to wear out.
- Peripheral Artery Disease- usually causes problems to the lower extremities resulting in numbness and tingling in the feet as well as having heavy leg syndrome.
- Sexual Dysfunction- High blood pressure due to narrowing of the arteries and veins have a direct effect on sexual performance. It causes lack of blood supply to the penis resulting in loss of erection or being able to sustain it. In a female, this can result in poor clitoral sensitivity resulting in the lack of orgasm.
As you have read in the previous paragraphs, high blood pressure causes many health ailments. It is important to find the cause of this problem. It is not a simple matter because there are many health factors externally as well to cause high blood pressure such as:
Stress, Anxiety, Food Allergies, Chemical and Electrical Sensitivity to our environment, Neuromuscular tension, Obesity and Genetic factors.
Seek out a health care professional who is well versed into all these possibilities and who will help you find a way to help control this dangerous problem.
Latest posts by Dr Larry Martin (see all)
- Balancing pH keeps man alive and healthy during 40 years of dialysis due to bio nutritional evaluation - August 14, 2017
- Dr Larry Discusses His Health Products That Work - July 27, 2017
- How Does High Blood Pressure Affect Your Body! - June 14, 2017